PART OF GRAVELTOWN’S HISTORY UP FOR SALE
Community Grocery Restored By Owner
A piece of the Graveltown’s history is up for sale, a refurbished 1930’s era general store. Smith Brothers Store, located on Highway 80 , is part of 78 acres of property for sale in the Graveltown community.
The store was constructed in 1929-1930 by Herbert Sloan. Clarence Columbus Smith and Isham Smith, who began with a peddlers truck, opened a general store in the building.
Also, Raymond D. Smith operated a store at the location from 1945 to 1971. The store closed in the spring of 1972. The store sold groceries, candy, gasoline and some clothing items such as shoes.
READ MORE IN THIS WEEKS COURIER!